Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mayfly

I've been looking at the neat night-time shots that Jeff & Mr. Mysterious are posting, and it sure makes me want to get out & about for some night-time shooting!  Unfortunately, it just hasn't worked out that way.  BUT, I did get out & about for about 15 minutes this evening with camera in hand to make sure the local mosquitoes had plenty of food.

There was a mayfly under our security light.  It wasn't much of a "hatch" as this was the only one I saw.  (And it sure put me in the mood for laying a chartreuse popping bug out by the bushes to try to catch a nice mess of bream!)

Anyway, I moved him over to a twig on the other side of the house for a short photo shoot...

Nikon D300s, Dine 105, f/8, 1/160th second, ISO 720, tripod, floodlight and supplemental off-camera diffused flash, cropped to about 90% of frame.

1 comment: